Web Development Instructor
Destination: Dev is looking for a frontend-leaning full-stack web developer to join us this summer as a full-time instructor!
The chosen instructor will have the opportunity to join Destination:Dev and help teach, interact, and travel with soon-to-be digital nomads and motivated professionals from all over the world. Our summer program will run from June 19-August 11, and you must be available during this entire period.
To be eligible you will need to have experience with:
- HTML, CSS, and the principles of user experience and design for the web
- Basic programming in Ruby, and web application development with Rails
Candidates with 2+ years of professional industry experience, teaching experience, solid front-end ability, and strong interest in travel/digital nomad lifestyle are preferred.
This position is eligible to turn into a permanent position with equity depending on the results of the program and the instructor's desire to take on expanded responsibilities.
- Monthly salary of $2000 USD. (Equivalent to the salary of a senior developer in Colombia with 5 years of experience, and which should provide you with a very high quality of life while spending your summer in Colombia.)
- Free housing
- $500 travel subsidy to come to Colombia
- Opportunity to get involved with the tech community in Medellin
- Invitation to join some of our tourist activities with our students free of cost
- Airport pick up upon landing in Medellín